Monday, May 2, 2011

December 2010

Ok, so I am going to back up a few months. Apparently, I have not downloaded pics from my sd card in......months!! I also am not very good at keeping up with this blog, so I have set a goal. Blog 1 time per month to record our lives so that when we are old & grey and cannot remember the fab party I threw for JD's 55th birthday (which is decades from now - your invite has not gotten lost), maybe we could just scroll through the blog archives. I am even going to backdate some entries so that I'm never able to forget.

December 16th - Happy 4th Anniversary!!!
In honor of my small town roots (and if you are from a small town in N. GA you will understand the reference), JD and I ventured off to Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge, TN. It was just a quick weekend getaway, but we had plenty of time to take in the sites. Christmas decor was abundant and I can't pass up a day at the outlet malls! Cades Cove was one of my Aunt Judy's favorite spots to visit and JD had never been there. So, for once in my life I was able to recommend a spot to my little world traveler and it was just as awesome as I had remembered from trips when I was a young girl. I wouldn't mind going back here during the summer for a hike and a picnic. It just so happened that my girlfriend, Rhonda, and her husband were going to be staying close by so we were able to get together one night to try out a local brewery. Their beer was quite tasty but not memorable enough for me to be able think of the name months later! But, I'm sure there can't be more than one local brewery in downtown Gatlinburg if I ever really needed to know.

Christmas
This Christmas Eve, we visited Christen and Aaron's church, a la the picture several posts ago, and dined out our usual WaHo afterwards. Instead of drawing names with the entire family on the Duncan/Smith side per usual for Christmas day, we each donated money to a needy family that went to Barbara and Billy's church. Much more beneficial to this world we live in and less stressing over a gift for someone that you have no idea what to buy for anyway - win win!

I will go ahead and include our NYE plans in this post since it will be short and sweet. NYE - worked, New Year's Day - slept so I could go back to work again. Yay for paychecks!


Here's hoping Dolly would be there!



Pretty much our only wildlife sighting :(

What a view - the cameraphone does not do it justice!

Rhonda and her sampler
Howdy! (Country boy at heart)

No comments: