Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mother's Day 2011



In the world of mothers, I am and always have been abundantly blessed. My "moma" was a single mother who despite working very hard to just make ends meet, made sure that I did not miss out on a single opportunity. I may have not had brand new Ked's or Guess jeans, but I had someone to make sure that I got to and from softball practice and was always there to cheer me (and my friends!) on.


Nanny Mann
But, she did not brave motherhood alone. My grandmother, Nanny, raised twelve of her own and others too numerous to count. (Me being one the more special of those too numerous to count in her raisings,  of course.)

Aunt Karen and cousin Lori
I also have a very special aunt, Karen, who did not have children and was like a second mom to me. She treats me as if I am her own.

my more recently added mothers
Now that I am married, I have an additional mom and grandmother that also treat me as if I am their own and I couldn't have hand picked them a better set. Hence, I have lots to celebrate on Mother's Day.

I have a great window for banners:)
Needless to say, I like to make a big deal out of our celebration (or 'party' as Grandma calls it). Each year I send out invitations, make decorations, and try to plan a splendid menu. This year was no different.


We (JD included) spent a good amount of time making flowers that would last forever this year.

JD knows how to wield a glue gun, that's for sure

inspector Rigby


Weather was nice and we got to hang out outside (no patio required!).







The best part is having all of my momma's that are still with me here on earth in one place, enjoying the company of our fabulous family.


No comments: